SO…. green, green, green. Everywhere is green out on a farm or ranch…at least around here in north east TX if we aren’t in a drought. SO, I painted the tone…chromium oxide green, touch of white and a lot of acrylic medium thrown in. Then I got out some black. I rarely use black paint so, why not? Any way I made all kinds of marks and shapes and laid on a few rolls of white, too, for good measure and called it a day.
Well…..as usual, I tossed and turned all night thinking what in the heck am I going to do with that canvas?? What is the next step? Maybe go buy some more rollers and add other colors. I did this…bought some more rollers. However, that will have to wait for another painting as I ended up coming back yesterday and just started in with a brush. I figured the best way to go (to start with) with this experiment was to use some analogous paint mixtures…so blue and other greens and purple violet came out. ( I don’t know what happened to my picture of the under-painting.).
Yesterday I left with that whole painting just about complete. I took a picture as that is a great way for me to distance myself from the work and look to see how it’s working….especially for large paintings. I decided upon looking at this picture that it needed some more darks in the right side, a little more of the purple and green…….very little. I signed it today but I didn’t get a picture.I’ll get on up over the next few days when the light is better.
When I came down from the studio. Curry offered to take me for a ride around the place as he wanted to look at some things. I took a few pictures with the I-phone camera. You can see why I paint green so much from looking at these. I can see parts of this from the south facing door of my studio.
The painting will be titled, Green Day, Johnson Creek.